Sunday, November 14, 2010

Final PRR Post

This will be my final post of the semester, and I am saddened by that, but today I will be speak about two of my classmates experimental research blogs. In Greg's blog, he gives a great description of experimental research, and why we need it in the industry. He goes on to speak about how the independent variable may influence the dependent variables, and he relates this to an Oregon hockey team's experiment for gauging fan attendance.  He mentions the fact that there needs to be an experimental group and a control group which  I thought was very important. Greg's Blog is very good, because he actually designed an experiment for the Oregon  Ducks. I enjoyed reading his description, and he created it like the one which was done in class on Experimental Research. He would be doing this by survey. He would do a pretest and post test for one, and then a pretest, experiment exposure, and the post test for another. He  would make it random as possible. He then put information about Oregon sports on each survey. Only one survey gave a little more incentive to go out to the games. He was looking to see if the incentive of a free winter hat would make a difference in the surveys that only had Oregon sports information on it. Overall I thought Greg's blog was great, and fine tuned.

The second blog that I took great interest in, was Meag's Sport blog. Meagan's blog caught my attention because it was based off an extremely famous, and gifted soccer player; Christiano Rinaldo. I actually knew a little bit about this experiment, that Rinaldo was doing, and watched him play during this summer's World Cup.  I thought it was a cool idea how Meagan thought outside the box, and used this as an example of experimental research.  Rinaldo noticed the new ball, being the dependent variable had changed. He experimented  and practiced with this new ball called, " The Jabulani", until he perfected his shots, which he used in his World Cup play. 



No comments:

Post a Comment